UA-coded 'T' class on TK-operated

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TravelerRob, Nov 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    One of those questions again. Anyone know what a UA-coded 'T' class on a TK-operated flight equates to on TK?

I need to guarantee that this flight will earn miles for my friend in UA MP but when I purchase the ticket on UA and pull it up on the TK site the TK site only lists it as a UA-coded flight in 'T' class. It doesn't list it as a TK-coded flight which I was hoping for so then I know the true TK fare class.

Appreciate any help as I can cancel the ticket within 24 hours if it won't earn miles. And Mileage Plus Svc Center is closed but last time I called them with a question like this they were clueless.

Thanks in advance,
    Rob

2. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    While I'm at it - how about a UA-coded 'W' on TK. Anyone know?

3. FlyerChrisK

FlyerChrisK Silver Member

Status Points:
    The answer to this question depends on the full fare basis. A single letter can be insufficient to properly answer this question.

If you have an ExpertFlyer subscription, you can look at a particular fare and see what it books into on other carriers.

4. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The fare rules simply lay out the fare for United. Fare rules do not tell you what it books into on other carriers. Where in EF would I see this? I have scoured fare rules in the past and have never once seen any conversion of UA "T" = other carrier fare code. Show me an example?

5. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is it possible to do a search on ITA and try to find the same-price TK fare for the flight? I have no idea whether that would work, but it might give you a clue.

I've looked for this before and haven't ever found an exhaustive list of what TK codes match what UA codes.