UA charging elites for E+

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Black Cloud, Oct 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Black Cloud
    Original Member

Black Cloud Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was working on an expense report and low and behold, at the bottom of an itinerary, UA charged me for reserving E+ seats as a 1k. Never agreed to it, never authorized this, yet it was charged to the CC on file apparently because I selected E+ seats during the purchase process.

Now I get to go chase UA down the rabbit hole of refunds.

Please watch your receipts. I hope this was a one-off, but I'm cynical enough to know that this isn't the case.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  2. rggale
    Original Member

rggale Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm battling out some refunds at the moment, too.
    I wish UA/Chase/MasterCard would do what Amex does and shows you what route/what item each airline purchase is for. I have SO many UA charges that I can't figure out what is what.

3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    thanks for reporting, please let MP know what you find.

Another nail in my UA MM coffin if there are charges for E+

4. Black Cloud
    Original Member

Black Cloud Gold Member

Status Points:
    They said it was an issue recognizing my MP number when I booked. Not sure how or why that happened but it did.

Phone agent didn't fight me on the refund just submitted a request for those charges to be reversed. Still don't understand how/why this happened but it did. So keep an eye out on your receipts.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  5. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have tried to do SDC's before online and it would throw an error for E+ fees on exit rows. So its quality UA IT at work im sure.

6. derekjv

derekjv Active Member

Status Points:
    I had this happen twice, and it was during seat selection at reservation or when I made seat changes. It's a glitch in the system, and at the time, I was aware it was happening. I called United immediately after making my reservations/changes, and they corrected it. Not crazy there is the glitch in the system, but extremely satisfied they corrected it right away.