UA Award Ticket Change

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by edekba, Sep 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was wondering if this was even possible or should I not even try?

Current:
    LAX - ORD - BRU (23hr Layover) - VIE // CDG - BKK - SIN - ICN - LAX
    Proposed
    LAX - ORD (23hr) - MUC - BRU (23hr) - VIE // CDG - BKK - SIN - ICN - LAX.

What do you think? My worry is that UA will not allow me to go ORD - MUC - BRU (Layover) vs ORD - BRU

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    You might run in to trouble with the unpublished rule about number of segments permitted on a TATL US-Asia routing. I don't remember if the stopover in Europe "fixes" that or not.

edekba likes this.
  3. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    isnt it 4 per direction? I think that my proposed still is okay.I guess I'll find out this weekend when I have time to call UA. I'm getting married on Friday!

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Right, but I don't remember if the 4 is all the way to SE Asia or if the stop in Europe "resets" the counter.

Congrats on the wedding!!

Flyer1976 and edekba like this.
  5. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    So apparently I can't do the change due to the connection rules. The agent did mention that I have so many changes/exchanges etc that I crashed her system and such. The only change I got was a longer layover in BKK ( so we can get a massage & not be running in BKK) ; and even then she was saying I had to pay a change fee. I mentioned that this ticket was issued in March, then changed in April thus I was in before the new rules took affect in June. She said she couldn't verify this but a supervisor allowed the change as a one time courtesy.