UA and SK joint venture? Where did it go?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by cvarming, Jul 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. cvarming
    Original Member

cvarming Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know what happened to the JV between SAS and United. I remember buying UA plated tickets with SK TALT segments in 2006, 2007, and 2008, but with the whole 25% earning problem I stopped flying SK metal. Well, fast forward to 2013/14 and we have 100% earnings on SK metal and a need for UA plated tickets to maintain UA status. But now I cannot find SK TALT flights on the UA webpage. What happened? And, it is possible to buy SK TALT segments with reasonable fares from UA?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    UA still can plate SK flights; that doesn't require a JV. But they don't tend to sell them on the website so much.

3. cvarming
    Original Member

cvarming Silver Member

Status Points:

Sure, but a lot of the fares I see on United.com do not allow for TALT SK flights. UA used to sell competitive fares with SK TALT segments, but I cannot find them anymore. They also used to have a JV, but if it still exists, then I don't see much of it.

4. mherdeg
    Original Member

mherdeg Silver Member

Status Points:
  5. HeathrowGuy
    Original Member

HeathrowGuy Gold Member

Status Points:

UA and SK never had a joint venture, only an immunized code-sharing relationship. UA's JV involves AC, SN, LH, OS, and LX flights, so you will see TATL itineraries operated by those carriers frequently sold on a metal-neutral basis.

6. Fredrik
    Original Member

Fredrik Silver Member

Status Points:
    I read something on the other board that UA and SK can't codeshare anymore due to the UA JV with others.

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    UA flights 6889 - 7018 are operated by SAS.

HeathrowGuy likes this.