UA and *Gold lounges

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Apr 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    AM 1k and will be be travelling Internationally with two friends, husband and wife, they will be on my PNR. I know the rules for entry into the lounges state one guest, how difficult or is it impossible to have the two of them enter with me? It would be UA and LH, lounges in question would be IAH, MUC, ORD

8MiHi and TAHKUCT like this.
  2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    In general, I've had no problem with two lounge guests on my A3 *G card...but it is an exception and therefore a bit of a crapshoot. Nothing you can do other than try to enter and see what plays out.

8MiHi, Garp74, TAHKUCT and 1 other person like this.
  3. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's what I thought, but when I see a family of 3 or four walk in I wonder how strict, as the rules on the web site state 1 guest, and does not include anything about total family members.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  4. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Cannot speak for UA lounges, but MUC LH Senators lounges more likely will not let the 3rd person in. My son got decline access few times, but thankfully a *A Gold member behind us let him in on those occasions. YMMV

8MiHi, Garp74 and sfo1 like this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you're a member rather than *G your whole family gets in per the rules at UA clubs. Might be that.

And I agree that LH lounges are likely to strictly enforce the rules.

8MiHi, Flyer1976 and sfo1 like this.
  6. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not that I would entertain doing this but what about bringing one in and then 15/20 minutes later bringing the other in, a far as the desk is concerned the original person may have left, so it is still one guest.

7. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It depends but trust me the LH agents are on the ball about being Lounge Dragons. ;)

sfo1 and TAHKUCT like this.
  8. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well I would not do this as I play by the rules, as I expect other to also, if I did not I would be a hypocrite, which is one thing I am not. If they can get in with me fine, if not that's the way it goes.