UA 777-200 seat map

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Aug 25, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Booked myself into 6B on a 777-200 three class SIN HKG, did this about 3 months ago for travel in Sept. Then a few weeks ago, I was moved to 6C, no big deal as it is still and aisle. But I notice now on the UA seat map that 6A is no longer shown, the seat is gone, blank and 6B has been given to someone else I presume, again no big deal for me. Seat Guru still shows a seat 6A on their seat map. What happened to the seat? I could understand it if 6B were gone, as I would figure it might be crew rest. Or maybe 6B is the crew rest and 6A is blanked out so no one can sit next to the crew rest.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    Newscience likes this.
  2. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    6A is most likely blocked for crew rest. 6B may be give to a FAM; they prefer aisles with a view of the cockpit door.

sfo1 and Newscience like this.
  3. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually no...

If 6A became the crew rest seat then 6B is blocked out and will be given to the last revenue passenger booked in the Business class cabin.

NRSAs will not be sitting in 6B if that's the last open J seat due to the new pilot contract in place.

sfo1 and Newscience like this.
  4. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    Makes sense....I wouldn't want to nap next to y'all either, if I were a pilot. :p

Flyer1976 likes this.
  5. COFreqFlyer
    Original Member

COFreqFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Food for thought, since we're on the 3-class on SYD-SFO coming up... the seat map shows 2A, 2K, and 6A all blocked. I can see 2A/K being the 3rd/4th FO crew rest seats, so who gets 6A?