UA 1K line's reaction to DL Borg analogy

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by redtailshark, Jan 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Flew UA in Dec, as usual. Sector didn't credit. Emailed 1K line with e-ticket, requested credit. Received response from 1K Voice email that totally failed to address the very specific request, instead reiterating 72-hour posting policy etc. To which, I responded with this...

-----
    "Dear 1K agents, what is happening to 1K service? It's like a Borg at Delta Sky Miles - this response fails to address my request/complaint.
    I have a flight sector that has not credited; namely aaa to bbb on December xth, which was part of the rebooking that was made for the ticket below.

The other sectors have credited (xxx-yyy etc.).

This missing credit is not 72 hours after my flight. It is now 33 days since I flew the sector, i.e. 812 hours! This is twelve times greater a period than UA states as per your email. I've attached the original e-ticket with all the details.

Please can you fix this, as per my original request. This is my third contact with the 1K line about a simple missing mileage request."

--------

Within 12 hours, the sector credited and 1K Voice apologized. Draw your own conclusions; about UA 1K voice, about DL SMS, about the Borg and its perception elsewhere....

Anyway, now I know what to do. Email jeff.s@ and highlight how similar the UA CS is to the DL Borg. Should be able to fix every CS issue, instantly.

Why don't you DL guys see if it works the other way around..when DL@ssist fails you, or MedallionSuckage@delta.com reiterates Borg-ese, compare them to UA's CS and see how they respond.

DiverDave likes this.
  2. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have never had this issue with DL.

3. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    Davescj likes this.
  4. Davescj