U.S. increases security at overseas airports amid bomb concerns

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by Counsellor, Jul 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://news.yahoo.com/u-increases-security-overseas-airports-amid-bomb-concerns-021555471.html
    Read more here.

gregm and WilliamQ like this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I flew DL TATL from CDG on Thursday July 3. Very little additional security was visible and lines were fine. In fact, I was never asked the typical questions about when and where my luggage was packed, etc. I did notice that the GAs stated that there would be ID checks when boarding (I think this is normal) and there were some hand searches being done on the way to the jetway where two tables were set up. When I boarded with BE, the French security employees were searching carryons of families who pre boarded and apparently had obviously been profiled so that the rest of us just walked past the hand search tables. From what I saw, it looked like a very thorough hand search of carry on items was being done to far less than 10% of passengers.

3. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only abnormality was not being asked the questions. Everything else mentioned is typical stuff for a CDG departure to the U.S.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    However, with the TSA security alert, I was surprised that no one seemed to notice that I wasn't asked the security questions. In fact, this almost seemed to be SOP for someone originating at CDG without checked bags who did OLCI and printed the boarding pass. In other locations, OLCI and no checked bags would mean being asked the security questions at the gate.