U.S. health insurance may not work abroad

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Jul 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2012...rance-may-not-work-abroad/UPI-37051342380360/

hose traveling to London for the Summer Olympics or any other country should note U.S. health insurance may not provide coverage overseas, officials say.

"It's important to make a plan for your health before you travel," Kelly Holton, lead health communicator for the Centers for Disease Control Travelers' Health, said in a statement.
    Travel insurance provides for the emergency medical evacuation coverage in the event of a serious illness or injury.

"In addition, the National Health Service in England has great health resources for Olympic visitors that can help you learn how to find healthcare if you need it while in Britain," Holton said. "Visit Health Services in England to learn more."

uggboy and rwoman like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Always good to keep in mind...in my case, I have a global policy that works everywhere...even though it may cost me some cash in an emergency. :)

uggboy likes this.