Two Reservations Count as One Stay?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by ConsultingChris, Jul 3, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ConsultingChris

ConsultingChris Silver Member

Status Points:
    Two weeks ago, my wife and son came out to say with me during a trip that kept me over the weekend. I ended up checking out of one room on Friday morning and checking into a new room at the same hotel that afternoon (got upgraded to a suite).

I had one reservation for 4 days and the next one was for 7.

Should those count as one stay or two? The system seems to be counting everything as one stay, but on two reservations. Is this standard policy or just a flaw in the system?

It is making it hard to determine if the points are correct for the entire 11 days and it excludes me from getting another 2013 miles on Delta and a preference points reward.

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Loyalty programs typically count consecutive stays at the same property as one stay. Else you could have had 11 stays with 11 different reservations for your 4+7 nights.

3. ConsultingChris

Status Points:
    You have a good point. Maybe next time I will have to book the Hampton across the street so it counts as two stays. :p

4. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you have two rooms for the same night then it counts as one stay. If both rooms are at the same hotel you should get points for both rooms but only one stay/night per night.

pilotb757 likes this.
  5. ConsultingChris

Status Points:
    I didn't check into both on the same day. I checked out on one and into a new one on the same day. I think they lump them into one stay so you can't book multiple stays while staying at one hotel. If that was the case, then I would be Diamond already this year.

6. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, misread & corrected/removed.

Some chains have even lumped consecutive stays at different physical properties but within the same metro area and hotel family a consecutive stay (I've not heard of Hilton doing this).

Jazzsadana likes this.
  7. Jazzsadana

Jazzsadana Active Member

Status Points:
    Now which was that one,i havent heard it ever with different properties involved.

8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Who does that?

9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    From the HHonors T&C:
    It has been that way for many years now.

10. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    This was years ago but at one time SPG said that they could consider switching SPG properties within the same metro area could one consecutive stay. SPG management has rolled over quite a few times and that practice does not seem to align with my understanding when reading the current T&C's.

"i. An "Eligible Stay" is a stay of one or more consecutive nights at the same SPG Participating Hotel by an SPG Member who: (A) provides his/her SPG Member number at the time of reservation or at check-in; and (B) pays an Eligible Rate or, for stays on or after October 1, 2011, redeems an SPG Award or an SPG Promotion Reward for the stay; and (C) stays in one of the reserved guest rooms. If an SPG Member checks-out and then checks-back in to the same SPG Participating Hotel on the same day, it will count as a single stay for purposes of calculating Eligible Stays. An SPG Member may earn credit for up to three guest rooms during any Eligible Stay if he/she stays in one of the reserved guest rooms and pays an Eligible Rate or, for stays on or after October 1, 2011, redeems an SPG Award or an SPG Promotion Reward for all of the guest rooms."

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.