uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Two New One&Only Resorts Planned in Mexico

Newscience likes this.
  2. DesertRose
    Original Member

DesertRose Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone have any experiences with One&Only resorts? I stayed at the One & Only in NAS and was completely underwhelmed by the price to value ratio. It would have been a very nice room at $300-400 a night, but I cannot fathom why they merit $1000 a night. The only thing that struck me as "impressive" was the full size Lady Primrose toiletries. The 'champagne and strawberries' each afternoon were very mediocre (mushy chocolate coated strawberries and two glasses of a $15 bottle of champagne).

I did appreciate the fact that staff recognized you by name after the first night. They did have quiet, lush grounds (if you were going to Nassau for serenity... :D).

But for the 6-star price, the issues that I experienced should have been anticipated by staff and never occurred. 1. They have absolute crap internet service with long outages, which apparently is completely normal for the Bahamas. For $1000 a night I expect staff to be able to anticipate and provide solutions when there are regular service outages due to local conditions. The cell data in Nassau was reliable and fairly cheap with a local pre-paid sim - a $10 reload would get 2 GB of data. How hard would it be for the concierge to have a small stock of pre-paid sims on hand and (perhaps) even some cheap loaner smartphones for tethering? :confused: and 2. There was a brown streak of gloop on the wall of our toilet room when we arrived.

As I said, they had good customer service recovery after we had some issues on our stay; our room was pre-paid through our TA, but they comped all of our F&B charges from the Dune restaurant, so I left fairly happy. Assuming #2 (pun completely intended) was an anomaly, I would consider going back or giving other locations a chance.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    uggboy likes this.