Two Free AA SWUs expiring 2/28/2015

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Mikus33, Feb 26, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I tried to work in a last minute trip to Hong Kong, but work obligations screwed that plan, so now I have 2 SWUs that are going to expire in 2 days. No strings attached, and I'm not asking for anything in return.

Just post your flight routing with dates here and if someone is flying with you, and I'll pick a couple of the longest (or a single flight for someone who is traveling with a partner) or most interesting flights . I'll make the cutoff at 1:30 pm CST, and I will check back around then to make a decision and contact you via PM.

I'm hoping someone can get some solid use out of these.

2. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you Mikus33, 2 person SF0-LAX-NRT on March 2 SFO-LAX has been cleared and LAX-NRT still waitlisted hope it will cleared in a few days

ContinentalFan likes this.
  3. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm a little confused, you'd like them for March 2 or you already have a couple that have cleared?

It's my understanding that my upgrades won't work for any flights past Feb 28.

karung99 likes this.
  4. Jayk

Jayk Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi Mikus33. I have a return flight HKG-DFW-LAX on March 2nd. As per Flyertalk people have had success in applying SWUs just past the expiration date. If they are still available I'd like to apply one to my return flight. I have one applied to the outbound already. Thanks!

5. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    IIRC, they only allow those with high Eagle ratings to apply the SWUs past the expiration date?

6. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Jayk, as Jimgotkp said, it sounds like they've tightened up allowing applying SWUs past the expiration date. I am not re-qualifying as an ExPlat and I only qualified for ExPlat in 2014 due to flying the 30k in 3 month fluke promotion at the end of 2013, so I'm not exactly a high valued customer.

7. Jayk

Jayk Active Member

Status Points:
    Lol! I know the feeling Mikus33. Thanks anyway. :D

8. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very thoughtful of you, Mikus33. Kudos!

9. marianaferreira

marianaferreira New Member

Status Points:
    Mikuss, if you still have those, I'm flying MIA-BCN tomorrow night.
    Thanks!

10. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mikus33, my first leg was upgrade using Unlimited upgrade, as EXP are allow to extend the eVIP a bit longer, however if some other FTers has better clearing please give it to them.

Thank you and God Bless you

11. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll go ahead and make the call to find out if I can use them past the expiration date as it never hurts to ask. I'll post later tonight and let you guys know what I find out.

12. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't need it but just want to say that it's probably best that it goes to someone who can confirm C space. This way the SWU is actually used....

13. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I called, and they confirmed that all travel must be completed by tomorrow, so if you have a situation like that, post here and I'll PM you my email address where you can forward your itinerary to. Thanks.

14. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have Mariana on a waitlist, but it sounds like it's not likely to clear. Let me know if anyone else needs one.

15. gooseman13

gooseman13 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Huge longshot but my DFW-ICN for tomorrow just opened up C availability. If you still have a free one and are willing to give it a try last minute I'd certainly pay it forward. Thanks either way!