Two dresses?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by amandalasher, Aug 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. amandalasher

amandalasher New Member

Status Points:
    We are having a destination wedding and coming home to have a reception a week later. What is the proper etiquette on wearing your wedding dress to the reception? Is that something that should not be done, or is it alright? My wedding dress isn't going to be big and fancy, here http://www.inweddingdress.com/style-bc128.html
    Would it be okay to wear again to the reception? Our families are the only ones going to the wedding, so I would like to have everyone else see me in my dress, but I didn't know if that is okay. I would like any advice you have. TIA!

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd do it. Your friends would enjoy seeing you as you looked on the big day, in your wedding dress. It also seems a shame to invest in a dress that you only wear once. However, you may need to make arrangements to have it pressed or cleaned before the second wearing.

Dublin_rfk likes this.
  3. mrhasterrr

mrhasterrr Member

Status Points:
    My wife had a cute small dress 60-s style.

4. Jarsenyo

Jarsenyo New Member

Status Points:
    Recently, my sister found a fashionable dresses online store,I think it‘s suitable for such an occasion.

5. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    Having been lashed to a seamstress (who specializes in gowns) for the last 43 years its expected for the bride to wear her gown to the reception even if on a different day. We have a friends who breakout their wedding togs on significant anniversaries to re-create the feeling.

6. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points: