Two (2) One-Time United Club Passes

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Efilon87, Oct 20, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello my favorite MP'ers!

I have two (2) One-Time United Club Passes I am giving away. Each pass expires on 12/31/14. I will give one (1) pass to two lucky MP'ers on October 31 @ 8:00pm PST. To be entered please comment below with your favorite part/thing of flying. If you do comment, please make sure you are able to use the United Club pass. I will use http://www.random.org to select two winners. Best of luck to everyone and Happy Travels!!!

~Efilon87

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Favorite part? Window seat when flying over an area of the planet that I have never seen before.

Thanks for your generous offer!

WilliamQ and Efilon87 like this.
  3. JRG

JRG Silver Member

Status Points:
    Favorite part of flying is takeoff, while looking out the window. Always amazed that it's all possible......
    Thanks!

Efilon87 likes this.
  4. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Favorite part- soaring above all else and the feeling of amazement of everything on earth.

Efilon87 likes this.
  5. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't need the passes so give them to the next person but I just love flying because of the excitement of going someplace and how quick you get there. Even if I'm headed to some city I don't care about it's still fun. It's even better if I can sit up front in the comfortable seats.

WilliamQ, Efilon87 and Garp74 like this.
  6. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't need the passes but my favorite part of flying is that take off roll and the giddiness of going somewhere. :cool:

WilliamQ, Efilon87 and Garp74 like this.
  7. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also don't need the passes. My favorite part of flying is the wonder of a new jet (like the landing on the A380, which is impossibly gentle and quiet; and the awesomeness of proper lighting like Boeing Sky Interior and whatever they use on LH and EK) and the joy of people watching. Also, I don't have too much of an ego, but I do enjoy telling friends about where I'm going to next, and watching their surprised reactions. Nothing like trips to countries some folks have never heard of, or don't know where they are, to make a conversation fun for me :)

8. HubletUAFlyer

HubletUAFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Flying for vacation is always super cool
    Flying for work is a grind but as long as I'm making these trips, I'm generating revenue!

Efilon87 and Garp74 like this.
  9. Richard Chen
    Original Member

Richard Chen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Simpyl staring out the window at the wonderous beauty of the clouds while feeling the wonderous special freedom that is flying, always.

Flyer1976, Efilon87 and Garp74 like this.
  10. dream7
    Original Member

dream7 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Getting there . . .

11. Phorever

Phorever Silver Member

Status Points:
    My favorite part of flying United has to be the steps the industry has taken to be more customer friendly.

A day in the life of travel:

I arrive at the airport an hour before my flight... As a frequent flier, I am allowed to go into the PRIORITY line.... Anyone who flys at least 25,000 miles per year or has a credit score over 650 can use this line. Exclusivity Baby!

Then, once I get to the front of the line, I get to walk through a huge Cancer Machine where a fine young gentleman gets to see me naked and make sure I didn't hide a bomb up my butt... I rather enjoy the exercise of holding my arms over my head.

Then I walk over to the terminal where I take a glance at the screen to see if I have been upgraded..... #46 of #60? You are saying there's a chance!!!!!

Now that it's time to board a flight (for the 60th time this year).... I get to stand in the PRIORITY line... Right behind the family of 5 who is taking their annual vacation. They signed up for an explorer card this year so they could board ahead of the frequent fliers, well played Johnson Family! Exclusivity Baby!

Next I board the plane, and go sit in my Economy Plus seat! It gives you 4 more inches of legroom! AKA 2 inches less than you would have gotten in economy minus 20 years ago.

Now that I'm settled in for the next few hours I'm a little hungry... I wonder if there might be a meal on my flight? Turns out there is not, but the nice Flight Attendant will sell me a box of food containing crackers, a soggy mayo sandwich, and day old fruit for $16..... Score!

Once we land, I am excited to find out I get to spend an extra 20 minutes on the plane because the gate we are pulling into is occupied! United should really charge me extra for getting to spend extra time on their plane.

Here's the great news!!!! I'm only on the ground 6 hours today for a meeting, then I get to repeat!!!!

brodyf likes this.
  12. OUtraveldog

OUtraveldog Member

Status Points:
    How on Earth did the settlers ever make it across the country? I think about that everytime I fly out west and thank god for the Wright brothers et al.

13. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    My favorite part of flying is landing in a cross wind in some remote location on an RJ (it doesn't mater which one I dislike them all) and having a former naval aviator plant one (with no bounce) that rattles your teeth!

14. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always skip the cancer scanner - I OPT OUT so I can enjoy a little personal contact. Nothing like being groped by a stranger, in public! and remember to simile and ask them if you feel good.

Efilon87 and flyforawg like this.
  15. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I could use a massage right now from the Thousands Standing Around. :D

flyforawg, Efilon87 and WilliamQ like this.
  16. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    it's like you read my mind.. All so true and I too have no need for the passes but almost everything about flying is fun.

what I do not like are the queues and customs...

daninstl likes this.
  17. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The two winners of the One-Time United Club Passes are: OUtraveldog and JRG. Their responses are quoted below. Please message me your mailing address and I will mail your pass by Wednesday. Thank you all for your responses. :)

Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 12.10.04 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 12.08.13 AM.png

~Efilon87

Flyer1976 and genemk2 like this.
  18. JRG

JRG Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your generous gift. I sent you information in the "conversation" window.

Have a great day!

Flyer1976 likes this.
  19. JRG

JRG Silver Member

Status Points:
    Update - used my pass at the United Club near C7 at Dulles, prior to flying to Germany today. Thanks again! B

Flyer1976 and Garp74 like this.