Twitter -- Lists of Travel-Related Feeds

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by Veritrope, Sep 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Veritrope

Veritrope Silver Member

Status Points:
    (Originally posted this list deep into the Twitter Primer for Milepoint Members thread, but thought it might be a good idea to give it its own post in "Travel Technology"!)

Hey Everyone,

I've been collecting travel-related Twitter feeds for a while now... thought I'd share my own lists here in case anyone finds them helpful (Direct Links Below). Generally speaking -- these are great sources for finding bargains or "flash sales", news releases, and occasionally for resolving customer service issues.

Please let me know what you think, about any feeds I've missed, etc., by sending me a Twitter message (naturally!). ;)

All the best,

Justin
    @Veritrope
    http://veritrope.com

Veritrope Travel-Related Twitter Lists:

Gargoyle, jmrich1432, lwkatya and 4 others like this.
  2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks a lot for these!

lwkatya likes this.
  3. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    fantastic, thanks for sharing!

lwkatya likes this.
  4. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! Very useful list indeed!

lwkatya likes this.
  5. Veritrope

Veritrope Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

One of great things that I wanted to mention about Twitter Lists is that you can "follow a list" without following all of the individual accounts on it. When it's time to, say, do a little research on flight prices, you can then just look at your Twitter lists to see if there are any deals going on. It's a really great way of tracking things intermittently without having to see those Tweets every time you use Twitter.

(Of course, Lists are also a great way to discover people who you want to follow...)

Gargoyle and jmrich1432 like this.
  6. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the lists, Justin! And thanks for the tips. I have been using Twitter (not very well!) for a few months now and did not know you could follow a list. Appreciate the tips!

7. Veritrope

Veritrope Silver Member

Status Points:
    Even many long-time Twitter users don't really seem to know about/understand how powerful lists are... It's been kind of a "slept on" feature -- but one that I thought my fellow Milepointers might enjoy!

There's lots of great people/stuff on Twitter and I'm wishing you great fun in discovering it all! :D

8. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm excited to start exploring the lists! Hopefully I will figure out some more of these other features while I'm at it!

Thanks again!

9. Veritrope

Veritrope Silver Member

Status Points:
    Happy to help if I can!

If you haven't already, you might want to check out the "Twitter Primer for Milepoint Members" thread which has other solid tips collected there.

10. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I saw that thread, but I haven't taken the time to read it yet. I will start there!