Twelve days of Nada?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Gargoyle, Dec 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I got the popup several days ago about the 12 days promo, entered my e-mail address. Nothing since then, no notices, no e-mails.

BTW, the popup design could use improving, the box to enter the address isn't labeled, it isn't obvious that an e-mail address should go in there.

blackjack-21 and Newscience like this.
  2. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm guessing that the emails will start coming as we get closer to the start of the 12 days of cool gifts.

3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    yeah, you're probably right. not a holiday I pay much attention to, so I don't know when the 12 days start.

:)

4. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    The popup specifies December 13th as the start, but the email feedback is a good one. We'll send out an email when it's closer - just got the signup box there so that people have enough time to sign up beforehand.

jetsetr, blackjack-21 and Gargoyle like this.
  5. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got the email yesterday and today. Clicking brings up a page with numbers in large font, in boxes. clicking on today's date then leads to a pop up box with details of today's gift. I guess this is how it's supposed to work, but I would have expected to enter my email address or username when clicking from the email.

7. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    Welp - that's how it works.

8. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Today I got the email, clicked, and the page with the dates as big numbers in boxes appeared. When I click oh 15 for today, I gt the popup big box about today's gift, but the bottom says I need to enter my email address "here" but there's no here here: no block where one can enter text and nothing to click.

HELP! Am I doing something wrong which will guarantee that the MP Santa just gives me a lump of coal this year? I think I've been good.

9. dstober

dstober Gold Member

Status Points:
    Question: is there a place where winners are announced? Or are winners just notified by email?

10. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The first winner has been announced by a locked thread started by Randy in Community. There are posts reserved for other winners.

dstober likes this.
  11. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    Hmm... I can't replicate the issue, but I'll pass it to our more tech-savvy. Can you try it on your phone or a different browser if you have a minute and let me know if the box shows up?

@MSPeconomist answered, but this thread could help: http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/12-days-of-christmas.107874/ (second post)

dstober likes this.
  12. dstober

dstober Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Mark. One more question: is it possible to enter more than once by accident? I am getting the emails which have the link to register. I also see a place to enter an email through the 12 Days button here on MP. I might be silly, but I sure wouldn't want to disqualify my entry by entering my email twice (I could see myself forgetting I'd already registered on any particular day :oops:).
    This is a fun event, thanks to all of you at MP! :)

13. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    You could technically enter twice, but duplicates are deleted. If you do it by accident - no worries!

dstober likes this.
  14. dstober

dstober Gold Member

Status Points:
    Phew! :) I'll still try to avoid being duplicative. ;)

Mark likes this.
  15. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    It might have been relative to your screen size and there was no obvious display for you to scroll down. I noticed this on my MacAir when i happened to have a smaller window opened. Noticed this on some other websites as well since on desktop i wasn't thinking of swiping down the page without a noticeable scroll bar. We'll see what visual clues we can provide, certainly not your fault. As for coal? It's not even a renewable energy resource so Santa better be all in for you this year.

FlyingFree likes this.
  16. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think I just managed to register correctly right now for today using gmail from my iphone (IIRC it's a 4S) connected to the internet.

When I just tried again on my ipad2 using safari (which is how I normally do email away from my office), clicking on the email link gets me the blue page with the dates in boxes, I click on the 15th, and I see the details of the luggage tags in a popup box that covers most of the screen, but I cannot scroll down on it. The last line I see says "The winners will be notified on...." I can't pinch to decrease the font size and hopefully see more of the box. However, I would swear that when I did this earlier, the last line of text I saw in the box said "Enter your email address here...."

17. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    ADDED: I haven't tried doing this with Chome on my ipad2 because I always use safari for email, so that clicking the link opens the calendar in safari too.

It will be a pain to remember to go into email on my phone every day to accomplish the registration versus naturally doing it on the ipad (or my desktop PC if I'm in my office) when the email arrives.

18. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same problem today on the ipad, but I was apparently able to register using my iphone.

19. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Quite strange, our analytics show that 845 people entered emails for the 12 Days giftaway yesterday using an iPad so there does seem to be some consistency with the results we tested in-house which were on three versions of iPads and an iPad mini all with no problems opening the page, swiping down the box to the email address entry box, entering and clicking on (we subsequently deleted our entries to make sure that just members were entered, not staff). Anyway, appreciate your interest in being able to use either desktop or iPhone. Thanks for the support.

Newscience, gaijin62 and uggboy like this.
  20. alfagirl

alfagirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    hmm, I have entered every day with my Ipad Air. the only problem I have had is that I have not yet won!!!!! boo hoo:(

21. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You are a member of milepoint. so you have already won.

alfagirl likes this.
  22. sao

sao New Member

Status Points:
    Found 12 Days calendar ... clicked on "17" today ... got teeny,tiny 2" box in upper left corner ... scrolled across + up/down and finally located the "email address" box ... unable to locate the "register" line to enter. ??? No way to enlarge the tiny box ??? Using desktop HP computer ... nothing too fancy.

23. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    What browser are you using?

Newscience likes this.
  24. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Trying to figure out how to help. Across the four Christmas calendars we're well over 50,000 entries and there's only these rare snags. We'll track down all the overlays to see how we can help.

But no worries - I've decided to hand enter your registered email address each day for you, got you covered and good luck.

25. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've encountered this on a few different computers. I found just hitting enter after typing the email address seems to register.

With such a small window I have to scroll lots.

ACMM likes this.