Twelve Days of Christmas problems

Discussion in 'Talk To Me' started by MSPeconomist, Dec 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    First of all, I subscribed on Friday and received the confirmation, but didn't get an email yesterday for Day 1, only a little while ago for Day 2.

Secondly, I cannot figure out how to register for Day 2's prize. When I do the obvious clicks, I am sent to Brian Cohen's blog piece about the promo, but it doesn't seem to have any link either to indicate that I'm interested in today's prize.

Finally, I'm having trouble with the blue box asking people to subscribe to the email not going away when I try to X out of it in the upper left corner. It just stays there and mades it difficult to log in. I even tried to subscribe again as a way to make the box disappear but that didn't work; it just generated a page (in a new window/tab) with a message that I've already subscribed.

ADDED: I think I managed to register for Day 2, but IMO it's not obvious how to get there. The link seems to be in the first line of Brian's article, not the big banner at the top of his article. There also doesn't seem to be an obvious link in the email itself.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    alfagirl, Counsellor, iolaire and 3 others like this.
  2. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had the same problem. I guess I'm registered and that's all I need to do. It seems confusing this year.

alfagirl, satman40 and Counsellor like this.
  3. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you have to enter for each day. No? At least that is what it asks me to do if I am interested in the prize du jour.

daninstl and alfagirl like this.
  4. sc801
    Original Member

sc801 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you may be right. Once you open the calendar for that day's prize (the link for the calendar is the first one in Brian's post) I think that is what the 'Subscribe' Box means, i.e. that you choose to subscribe to the prize for that day....

alfagirl and ACMM like this.
  5. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes that is what I mean.

alfagirl likes this.
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm having trouble again when I try to register for today's (GoGo) prize draw. The email was sent to me only about two hours ago. [Must we register by midnight Randy time in Colorado Springs?] Today's email has a clear red box at the bottom saying that you can see the prize and register your interest by clicking on it. When I click, I get the page with the numbers in boxes and can click on today's date.

However, this opens a big square box (over the blue page with boxed dates) about the GoGo prizes where there doesn't seem to be a place to click to register for the drawing. Clicking on the prominent GoGo icon--the only thing in the box that seems clickable--leads one to a general page about GoGo that shows different price plans and something about jobs at GoGo at the bottom.

Does anyone know how I can register for the GoGo drawing today?

7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just tried again to do this using Chrome instead of Safari and not the big box about GoGo and its prices looks like the last couple lines are cut off. I can't seem to scroll down in the box.

BTW, this website doesn't seem to be working very well tonight, although the problem might be my internet connection. It's taking a long time to load pages, with "unavailable--too slow to response--try reloading" pages coming up instead. Even clicking in this box to start to type this post didn't want to work for me......and then as I was finally able to start typing something, after the first few letters nothing happens (despite my bluetooth keyboard showing "on") which requires me to click again and then enter the words again, with the text being recognized the second time. Strange, although of course the problem could be coming from my internet connection.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  8. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also the blue box to subscribe to the email notifications has been popping up all over InsideFlyer pages. Very annoying.

ADDED: It just popped up again near the top of this thread.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    And again the blue subscribe box with the pretty snowflakes overhangs the first message in this thread.

Still no success in registering for today's GoGo prizes, but InsideFlyer apparently still thinks it's December 15th.

10. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I never did manage to register for Day 3 and now that window is closed, but the window for Day 4 isn't open yet. Is this the way it's supposed to me, with an interval of less than 24 hours to register for each prize?

Yesterday I didn't even look until I got the email, so I may have missed a lot of hours in which the Day 3 window was active.

Is anyone else experiencing these sorts of problems with this year's Twelve Days of Christmas or has my computer turned into a Grinch? I *think* I've been good this year, but maybe Santa disagrees.

Counsellor likes this.
  11. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    This.

alfagirl likes this.
  12. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Definitely an advantage of using the app instead of browser.

13. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    It took me quite a while last night to figure out how to enter on iOS. Short answer is after clicking on the daily popup you have to enter your email address and "Subscribe", where "Subscribe" must mean "Enter Drawing." The 16th is live now and its easier to see things on the desktop.

14. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I entered my email address in the subscribe box, I got an error message that I had already subscribed. I think it means the email.

The one day where I did apparently succeed to enter the prize draw, the word was register not subscribe.

Counsellor and satman40 like this.
  15. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you go to the website via the link in yesterday's email (https://insideflyer.com/12-days-of-christmas/) and click on the 16th in that popup you can enter your email and register for today's prize (via the Subscribe button).

Based on what you describe I believe you entered your email address (again) on the popup on this site which is for that email list?

alfagirl and satman40 like this.
  16. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am having a problem also, this never winning thing is bugging me.

My name never seems to come to the top.

Please Help...

flyforawg and alfagirl like this.
  17. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Never have so many had some many issues with something so simple

daninstl, Counsellor and alfagirl like this.
  18. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    You've always been good so we can check that box off. I'm not sure what the problem may be for you. I do know we had nearly 19K registrations yesterday so there seems to be a number of people being able to register (but who knows, maybe 100K were trying to register and only 19K were able ... not likely). I clicked the 'dismiss' X on the blue box several days ago and it has not appeared back for me so my personal experience seems to align itself with what the plan was. I'll have the tech guys go back over all this with an eye on any cross browser problems. We know there's a slight problem with iOS on mobile but the calendar is an outside theme and that snag is more with the theme builder though we're trying to see what hacking we can do to make it perform better.

Again, so sorry and here's to happy holidays and hopefully winning for you. One reader in Europe has won twice so there's hope that Karma Flyer may still be able to watch over you.

Counsellor, alfagirl and iolaire like this.
  19. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have all the issues that Beth describes, but the one that matters
    to me is the blue box , which is really annoying.

alfagirl likes this.
  20. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    If only we could get the 19k participants to, uh, participate in the forums.

For some odd reason I had no problems signing up for the Xmas thing, though.

alfagirl likes this.
  21. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    You want 19K spammers? They create more new threads than anyone

22. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    The UK advent calendar sends an email just after midnight EST. The insideflyer Twitter feed sends a tweet for the day early in the morning EST. Today's was just before 1AM

23. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    alfagirl and ACMM like this.
  24. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    In looking at this further, I think the problem is that I've been trying to do it with devices. On the IPad, I can't scroll down at all to get to the place in the box to register/subscribe for the current day's prizes. When I tried on my iphone, I can scroll down and add my email at the place to register (that's the word that appears), but then clicking to actually register appears to do nothing.

OTOH, I was able to "subscribe" (that's the word that appeared, as others have reported upthread) easily on my desktop yesterday.

Memo to self: You must remember to do this from a real computer every day, with or without having yet received the email reminder, and not attempt to do it from a device.

ACMM likes this.
  25. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Works fine on my iPad in Safari.