Tutorial For Beginners on Posting of Bonus Miles/Points

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by MyMiles&Points, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MyMiles&Points
    Original Member

MyMiles&Points Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    While Hyatt rarely posts your bonus points correctly at first and this is a big deal with other programs, they make it right with a quick call or e-mail.

Bonus Point Booking:

1. I suggest making your reservation without the Gx code because I, and others, have seen the rate increase with a Gx code. Unlike other programs, you do not have to book with the Gx ahead of time. This rule doesn't apply if the bonus code is a rate code as opposed to a G1/G2/G3 or A1/A2/A3/A4 code.

2. Ask the desk to add your Gx bonus at check-in. If you elect miles, you cannot "double-dip" with a Gx bonus. i.e. you must choose points if you want the Gx bonus, miles if you want the Ax bonus, and choosing miles precludes you from receiving a Gx point bonus. As a Diamond member, you can get your 1,000/500 welcome amenity points along with your Gx bonus OR with your miles.

3. You can check your bill when checking out for the Gx (and other) codes and ask the agent to add before departing. You may also just note the discrepancy and plan to call/e-mail later.

4. Your stay should post in a few days and you can log into "My Account" and check the details of your stay. Confirm you received miles or the appropriate level of points. If not, call/e-mail Gold Passport to add the missing Diamond welcome amenity points or Gx bonus. Diamonds who had miles posted for the stay will usually need to call/e-mail for their welcome amenity points to post correctly.

5. If points post and you requested miles, just call/e-mail Gold Passport. If miles posted but you wanted points, sorry, they can't reverse a miles posting. I always just choose points and if I decide I want miles, I change it after the stay. This gives me the greatest flexibility.

Airline Bonus Miles:
    Be patient. While Hyatt sweeps daily for the miles, your airline only sweeps a few times a month so there could be a several week delay before your mileage account is credited.

You can't set miles as your earning default in your account unlike other programs.

mowogo and arkleseizure like this.
  2. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can I apply two bonuses to one stay? For example, GP646 for a stay in Australia and GP647 for a weekday stay in Asia...

3. TravelGuy1965
    Original Member

TravelGuy1965 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi, In general Hyatt Gold Passport will allow you to use more than one per stay. But I'm not sure I'm following you correctly. Your post refers to stays in two different countries so do you mean two different stays that are on the same day due to traveling? If so yes, and sometimes both will post and other times you might need to call gold passport.

I'm not familiar with the codes GP646 and GP647 though. Do you know what they are for?

4. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, wasn't clear. They would both be applied to the same stay (Perth on a Thursday night). For the purposes of the promotion, Australia is in Asia, so the stay is eligible for both...

5. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Rate dependent promos (I think GP646 & GP647 both are) are not stackable - but you can stack a Gx on top of one of them.

6. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, what is a Gx and where can I get one? [​IMG]

7. peteropny
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I posted this in the FAQs thread - Gx is basically property specific bonuses that may be running at "some" properties for "some" nights (either weekday or weekend).

8. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does this still apply? I'm approaching one year with Hyatt and I've never booked a stay using a Gx bonus and have never seen a rate change based on a Gx bonus. Am I missing out on something or is this how Hyatt operated in the past?

9. peteropny
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Occasionally I've seen a rate be higher if the Gx is applied at booking.

10. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I always book AAA rates. Is that why this is foreign to me?

11. peteropny
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes I've seen Gx not applicable to AAA at booking but never had trouble adding it at checkin.

12. leeivan86
    Original Member

leeivan86 Gold Member

Status Points:
    One other option is to check your receipt at checkout and observe under the bonus code section where 1W is usually posted. Sometimes the property does add in the Gx bonuses automatically for you and sometimes they don't. If it doesn't appear there, get them to add it in and print you a new copy. Usually when it is posted properly on your receipt, the stays usually post with the proper points.

13. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can also call GoldPassport and have them add the Gx to your existing reservation.

14. peteropny
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yes you can but having it in the reservation does nothing to ensure that it's posted - so I don't bother until check-in / out.

15. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I guess I was just reading the first point wrong. I've never had any issues getting my Gx bonus at check-in or after check out.