Turning CO/UA miles into Broadway show tix

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by bhatnasx, Apr 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. bhatnasx
    Original Member

bhatnasx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Folks may already know this (and I just found out today as I was messing around with some Amtrak reservations), but for those that weren't aware, with the UA -> CO transfer, you can then do CO-->Amtrak and then Amtrak --> AudienceRewards (https://www.audiencerewards.com/TicketAwards.cfm) and get some Broadway show tix.

Not necessarily the best way to use your miles, but for those 1k's that are earnign 200k+ miles per year & not always using them, it could be worth looking into - or for those that have orphaned miles in either account.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. Ygor
    Original Member

Ygor Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is the point ratio from CO miles to amtrack points? I can't find any information on the CO site how to transfer to Amtrack.

The ratio from Amtrack to audience rewards is 1:1. If CO to Amtrack is also 1:1, than this is an excellent deal, since you could get $100 show tickets for 2500 points. But I doubt that would be the case.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm pretty sure CO->Amtrak is 1000->1000 so it is a 1:1 ratio.

Amtrak redemptions are generally a very good value.

Ygor and bhatnasx like this.
  4. bhatnasx
    Original Member

bhatnasx Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is correct - it's a 1:1 ratio for CO to AGR.

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    You should understand Amtrak's transfer restrictions before you start transferring miles into Amtrak thinking y;)u can get them transferred back out. Amtrak has restrictions on transfers out of its program:

6. Ygor
    Original Member

Ygor Gold Member

Status Points:
    What do you mean by transfered back out?
    Is there a catch if I just want to transfer CO points into Amtrak, then get broadway tkts?