1. A2A

A2A Silver Member

Status Points:
    cennas, jetsetter and sobore like this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The requalification reauirements in that blog seem to be wrong: 37500 for *Gold versus 37000 for *Silver can't be right!

3. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is, but not by much:

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-cy/miles_and_smiles/about_us/card_levels/kart_classic_plus.aspx
    In order to re-qualify for Classic Plus membership, a Classic card holder needs to collect 17.000 Status Miles either within the first year or 35.000 Status Miles within 2 years of the Classic Plus membership. Otherwise, the membership status will be renewed as "Classic".

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-cy/miles_and_smiles/about_us/card_levels/kart_elite.aspx
    In order to re-qualify for Elite membership , Members residing in Turkey need to collect 30.000 Status Miles either within the first year or 45.000 Status Miles within 2 years of the Elite membership.
    Members residing out of Turkey need to collect 25.000 Status Miles either within the first year or 37.500 Status Miles within 2 years of the Elite membership. Otherwise, the membership status will be renewed as "Classic Plus".

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very strange. For *Silver, you need slightly more miles per year on average if you don't make it in the first year, but for *Gold, taking it into the second year requires just 50% more miles than if you had made it during the first year.
    Here, for Turkish residents, the requirements are consistent: just an additional 50% more miles if you miss requalification in the first year.

5. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for this. Where did you get this information (i.e., source that TK is status-matching)? Edit: NVM, it's been out in the open on TOBB for about a month now ...

I'm now thinking of matching my DL Gold to TK Gold so that I don't have to continue with A3 (still have quite a bit of *A revenue flying to do and I'm forgoing earning UA miles on those trips). Might also get a relative to match AA Plat to TK Gold. Both of us have started flying *A more and would like *A Gold for that, especially on our paid Y tickets (or even on mileage J tickets as more lounges are available).

6. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    the 2 year membership plus the immigration counter benefit at IST for m&s *G level is interesting.

-David

MSPeconomist likes this.
  7. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Requested mine last night but was told only *G, ST E+, and OW E get status matches. However, it did mention to send a copy of the DL Gold card and a statement to their e-mail which I did...

8. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I just sent an email with all the docs and clearly stated that DL Gold is ST E+.

Shouldn't OW Sapphire also get matched?

Jimgotkp likes this.
  9. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    No clue about OW Sapphire and don't really care since it doesn't affect me... Funny how my DL Gold status is from a status challenge with my OZ Gold status. I plan on requesting a status challenge for UA Gold before the DL Gold status expires...

10. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Before you go on a "wallet candy" collecting spree, remember that most airlines will give you a status match only once in your lifetime, so choose wisely, Grasshopper, lest it not be available when you actually need it . . .

11. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very good advice.

OY-JFS likes this.
  12. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes I know. Fortunately, United allows one every four years?

OY-JFS likes this.
  13. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's not obvious that CO won't change this, even if it is/was UA's practice. YMMV, but do not assume....

14. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sent an email Friday morning, got a response Tuesday morning. They match DL Gold to TK Elite (Star Gold). Expiration is May 31, 2014, so 2 years. Will be able to use next month (and forgo qualifying for A3 and send 22K miles toward UA for redemption ... might even hit 2P!).

Heard the card takes a pretty short time, here's hoping so. Their address input function is kind of weird for US addresses.

Will try for a relative who's AA LT PLT on June 1 (to get her an extra month)

15. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Their chart does not seem to have any jewels as such.. Can anybody with more experience in redeeming TK awards shed light?

16. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think you're going to find a BMI-like program here (great for status AND mileage redemptions). This is mostly an easier way to *G ... frankly, if I were starting from scratch for *G, I would credit to A3 over TK. In fact, when the time comes where my new TK Elite is going to lapse, I'll still credit to A3 over TK if the current situation holds. 19,000 miles over 2 years (or 16,000 miles from when you qualify for Blue) is easier than 37,500 miles over 2 years, even if A3 has a lot of 50% earning fares. Frankly the lower threshold makes up for that in many ways.

17. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    How do A3 and TK compare for earning, especially on UA and US? There is some temptation here, although halfway to a3 gold already. Also will be interesting to see how A3 requalification/maintenance shakes out long term.

18. LoungeLover

LoungeLover Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope I can find my DL card. Maybe then can approve without it.

19. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    is there a base requirement for miles flown this year if requesting with DL Gold? only have about 10k MQM. Emphasis on the M for economist

20. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! Not that I need another *G now that I've just qualified on A3 from scratch to replace BD, but I guess it's worth a try.

21. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm gonna do this. Figure since I don't fly *A much it would be nice to have some status and fly them a little this year. I'll be using my DL PM, since I'm sure they won't match my SWA A-List