Turbulence injures about 20 pax on flight from China

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by YULtide, Dec 30, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    iolaire likes this.
  2. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    ouch to the injured, and yes, to the safety announcement!

YULtide likes this.
  3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good reminder to listen to and follow those announcements...
    "We had certainly been warned to put our seatbelts on numerous times," Dr. Suzanne Caudry told CBC News.

Including well in our beds....
    "I was laying flat in a business class seat, I had my seatbelt on and suddenly I saw the passenger in front of me go flying up in the air, literally to the ceiling, and then hitting the ground again," Zarum said.

YULtide likes this.
  4. superangrypenguin

superangrypenguin Silver Member

Status Points:
    As AC says, keep your seatbelt buckled at all times. I remember a YVR YYZ flight over the rockies on a 77W, and out of nowhere, the plane drops quite a number of feet, and quite a few people in J (I was in J so unsure about Y) ended up either midair, or bashed their heads on the ceiling. It wasn't bad enough to warrant a diversion, but it was still pretty bad. Coffee all over the pods, seats, etc.

Ever since that event, my seatbelt stays buckled (even if its at the loosest setting) at all times.

But hey, what do these folks know. Some pay for an experience like that, and here they are complaining.

(That was TOTALLY tongue in cheek, and was my attempt at dark humor :)) I'm glad everyone was OK though (on a serious note)

YULtide and iolaire like this.