TSA To Extend 'Risk-based Security' System To Screening Luggage

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by sobore, Jun 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.aviationpros.com/news/11...sk-based-security-system-to-screening-luggage

The Transportation Security Administration has been moving away from a system that assumes all passengers, including children and the elderly, pose the same security risk.

For example, the TSA now operates PreCheck lines at 115 airports that let passengers who pass a background check zip through without removing coats, belts, shoes or removing laptop computers from carrying cases.

Now the TSA plans to apply its so-called risk-based security system to the screening of luggage. Under the current TSA screening system, every bag gets the same level of scrutiny.

Read More: http://www.aviationpros.com/news/11...sk-based-security-system-to-screening-luggage

anileze, Newscience and uggboy like this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess that this a good thing, as I recently dumped my collection of hundreds of TSA tickets from my checked baggage. Now if a "bad guy" slips something into a "good guy's" luggage, this proposed risk-based security system of checked luggage goes out the window...

anileze and sobore like this.
  3. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    This used to be called "profiling", but it sure sounds smarter with a longer name.

anileze, Newscience and bigx0 like this.
  4. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same cheap wine, fancier bottle :) Reminds me of George Carlin's comparisions :)

Newscience and MX like this.
  5. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Happy to see the TSA un-clench its butt cheeks finally. Only worry when the next incident happens that this will all go away, and it'll take another decade and a half to restore some semblance of sanity.

FetePerfection likes this.