TSA sounding a change in attitude

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by Lufthansa Flyer, Nov 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. cordray2643
    Original Member

cordray2643 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure how I "feel" about this...

3. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe a little bit of common sense creeping in? Nahh!! It is the government after all!!

rwoman and Scottrick like this.
  4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    HIGHLY unlikely!! ;)

USAF_Pride likes this.
  5. B1BomberVB

B1BomberVB Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's been 5 years or more! C'mon, it's time to kill the restrictions on liquids & gels!

6. General_Flyer
    Original Member

General_Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    More like time to "dissolve" the TSA...

7. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Pardon my lack of excitement over this statement by his royal jackbootedness, Mr. Pistole. When he says "focus on travelers we know the least about", it is my opinion that he aims to subdue the current backlash against his agency by sneakily targeting those who either do not want to share thier information with the government, do not travel frequently enough, who meet the public's demented definition of someone who poses a danger or who find themselves on the various watch lists that exist. It is further my opinion that none of the groups Mr. Pistole wishes to target with more vigorous screening demonstrate any statistical propensity to be a danger to the commercial aviation system. However, by declaring that there is a danger, he does make it easier to justify retaining all the resources he currently has at his disposal and continue to expand out into stadiums, shopping malls, apartment buildings, office blocks, etc. in search of his first real success.

8. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    What Pistole said in the OP's linked article is nothing that hasn't been said before already.

While Pistole may or may not have the best intentions, part of me wonders if this whole program is to get the most vocal of TSA critics a virtual pacifier so they don't complain as loud and in turn somehow threaten the TSA's legitimacy (if they ever had one) or existence.

bonnerbl likes this.