TSA Says Pistol Decoration on Purse is “Offensive” to Travelers

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by sobore, Apr 22, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://misguidedchildren.com/domest...tion-on-purse-is-offensive-to-travelers/19427

[​IMG]

Katie’s purse was so “offensive” that the TSA made her put it in her carry on

Katie owns a lovely camouflage purse with two silver pistol decorations on it, but the TSA said it would “offend their travelers.” They made her put it in her carry on. Offensive Decorations Katie was flying from Columbus, Ohio to Minneapolis, Minnesota on her way home from an Easter visit to her brother. She stood in the security line, but when she placed her purse on the conveyor belt, they stopped her. She was curious as to why they seemed to have a problem. When she flew to Columbus before, her pocket knife was confiscated, so she knew she didn’t have anything else of a weapon nature on her person. She approached the TSA agent and asked what was the issue.

“I love the purse, but I’m unsure of how my manager will feel,” he responded. The agent handed her purse to a female coworker, who remarked, “I’m gonna have to call my manager about this.” After a conversation with her manager, the woman said, “We are just going to ask you to keep your purse in your bag where it cannot be seen by other travelers. I know these are not ACTUAL guns, but they may offend some of the other people traveling.” Not wanting to get into an argument, because she needed to get home to one of her two jobs, she dutifully put the purse in her carry on bag.

Read More: http://misguidedchildren.com/domest...tion-on-purse-is-offensive-to-travelers/19427

Flyer1976, gregm, Mark and 2 others like this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for this posting, sobore! One can only imagine what else is on the (likely non-existent and made up on the spot) list of decorations that the TSA would find "offensive" on purses and handbags!
    Newscience

sobore, uggboy and gregm like this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if wearing a t shirt that says TSA SUCKS would be deemed offensive.

MX, FetePerfection, sobore and 3 others like this.
  4. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    Been reading a lot of these types of stories lately and most of them aren't travel related. Think it's just the way things are going.

This is one I just read yesterday about a teacher getting suspended for the shirt their kid was wearing.

*makes note to wear my TSA Sucks shirt tomorrow heading to Seattle*

marcwint55, sobore and gregm like this.
  5. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Total bullsh*t. I've seen more offensive things, namely gross feet on bulkheads and 'rears' barely contained in their "JUICY" prison.

6. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Let me know where we can get that shirt!!

7. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    The company that produces the t-shirt may be offended to be in any way associated with the TSA.

marcwint55, sobore and gregm like this.