TSA Puzzled By Nobel Peace Prize In Carry-On

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by Prior2Boarding, Oct 13, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Prior2Boarding

Prior2Boarding New Member

Status Points:
    TSA agents in Fargo, ND were incredulous when a Nobel Peace Prize winner was carrying the medal in his carry-on. The TSA didn’t exactly know how to respond to a Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Brian Schmidt, carrying his medal on his carry-on bag. Schmidt, who is a citizen of Australia, was visiting family in North Dakota. He reportedly carried the medal that he receives, which comes at a value of $10,000, with him in his carry-on, which is probably a good idea given recent accounts of theft from checked bags. Brian Schmidt after being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. According to Schmidt, the TSA wasn’t exactly sure what the medal was, and when he explained it to them, they were very curious as to what Schmidt was doing in North Dakota. The exchange was recently written about in The Telegraph: “They said, ‘What’s in the box?’ I said, ‘a large gold medal,’ as one does. “So they opened it up and they said, ‘What’s it made out of?’ I said, ‘gold.’ And they’re like, ‘Uhhhh. Who gave this to you?’ ‘The King of Sweden.’ ‘Why did he give this to you?’ ‘Because I helped discover the expansion rate of the [...] The post TSA Puzzled By Nobel Peace Prize In Carry-On appeared first on Fly2Travel.

Continue reading...