TSA PreCheck Screens More Than 10 Million Travelers

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by sobore, May 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.aviationnews.net/?do=headline&news_ID=219004

TSA announced it has screened more than 10 million travelers through TSA PreCheck lanes. TSA PreCheck expedited screening allows travelers to leave on their shoes, light outerwear and belts, keep their laptops in their cases, and one 3-1-1 compliant liquids/gels bag in their carry-on.

Eligible passengers include U.S. citizens of frequent traveler programs on participating airlines and current members of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Trusted Traveler programs, including Global Entry, SENTRI and NEXUS. Additionally, Canadian citizens who are NEXUS members are also eligible for TSA PreCheck on flights within or departing from the United States. Individuals interested in joining a CBP Trusted Traveler program can learn more by visiting www.cbp.gov.

Read More: http://www.aviationnews.net/?do=headline&news_ID=219004

uggboy likes this.
  2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I tried to sign up, but throughout the registration the program timed out so many times I gave up out of frustration. I'll try again another day. :)

3. ctporter
    Original Member

ctporter Silver Member

Status Points:
    It really makes a huge difference to me when flying out of SEA (where I get TSA Pre) and the return flight from a smaller airport without it. If I know I am returning from an airport with TSA Pre I can change my packing, what I wear, and allow shorter times through an airport (actually it means I can have longer times at a club to get some work done). If my return is from a smaller airport like OAK or even smaller regional airports I know that getting thru security will take at least 30 minutes. (I always seem to get behind someone that discovers they left their belt on, then the coins in their pocket, then the metal wallet case in their back pocket, then their shoes, then the full water bottle, etc. so it take them 4-6 times of trying to enter the screening machine before they can go through. Then they have to repack while standing still right as their stuff comes out blocking others from grabbing their stuff and leaving.

I was behind a guy at SEA this week that had never gone through before, he started to take off his shoes so I told him he could keep them on, he started to take out his laptop so I told him he could leave it in. He was thrilled to find out how easy it is and quick when using TSA Pre. His good cheer was contagious and I left the area with a big grin :)

4. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    While PreCheck is a godsend, this is nothing more than another example of self promotion by the TSA as imho, it serves about as much purpose as a bank saying they have had 10 million customers who have used their ATM's :rolleyes: