TSA Precheck question - partner elite

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by Grace, Jul 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    CLT has precheck now. I'm a Nexus Card holder and my Known Traveler # is in my United profile (Silver Elite :(). I fly US Airways and provide my United number, even add my Known Traveler # during OLCI and I'm 0/2 for precheck.

Am I not entitled to it or am I doing something wrong?

My tickets are booked through a corporate site and I've asked my travel agent if they have a way to submit my known traveler # at booking, but currently OLCI seems to be the earliest I can add it unless I should call US after booking.

2. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    So what I've noticed is this. I've had 3 chances for Precheck. For the two times I booked on United's website it worked (2 personal reservations), when I booked via my Corp Travel agent it was a no go and didn't work.

I suspect it may have something to do with the way travel agents have to "push through" the TSA information. Not sure.

But the TSA has said the process has some randomness to it as well....

3. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    TSO at CLT did say Nexus wasn't going through which I assume to mean other Nexus members were having the same issue and had asked that agent because I'm sure a 1 striper TDC doesn't really know how the system works (and neither do we).