TSA PreCheck problems and Delta

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Barneyf16, Sep 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Barneyf16

Barneyf16 New Member

Status Points:
    I need some help. I am a Platinum member, and was approved for Global Entry (GE) in Nov 2011. For the next two months I successfully went thru PreCheck (PC) at DCA, LAS, and Orlando among others. About 4 months ago I stopped being approved for PC while going through TSA, and so far my last 14 flights I have been unsuccessful.
    Delta says its a TSA issue, and the TSA supervisors I have spoken to all agree that while the system is "random" and I will not get selected for the precheck line 100% of the time, that zero for 14 is indicative of a problem and that the problem resides with Delta (since they issue the boarding credentials). I flew on United this past weekend just to check, and didn't make it through there either. I have seen some blogs online that said a couple of months ago the PreCheck and GE name matching methods changed, and that could be the issue.

No one seems to be able to offer a solution. Help.

SC Flier likes this.
  2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, to start with, do your ticketed name, GE name and FF program name match, exactly?

Is your KT number still in your profile at both airlines?

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

SC Flier likes this.
  3. Barneyf16

Barneyf16 New Member

Status Points:
    Mike, it appears the names match. The only difference I can find is that in my Delta ticket records both my First and Middle are showing up in the First name field. I talked to Delta last nite and changed my FF names and Trusted Traveller info in my profile to reflect that, to see if that makes a difference on Monday when I go thru TSA again.

My next step was to change the way Delta has my First Middle in the same field in the ticket record, and make sure that is standard with both my FF profile and TT/KT info.

Yes, the KT info is still in there and correct...I tried deleting it, saving, reentering it and resaving based upon a Delta supervisor recommendation and that had no effect.

Gargoyle and SC Flier like this.
  4. Bill19304

Bill19304 New Member

Status Points:
    I've not experienced this specific issue but I did note that my Global Entry number had disappeared from my profile one day. Re-applied it and it's been there since. May want to validate.

5. Zmcgeary

Zmcgeary Active Member

Status Points:
    I always check Delta.com before every flight. My KT number has disappeared several times from my profile, and I cannot yet trace the root cause.

Still, I also have not been cleared for Pre-check on my last 7-8 qualifying flights, even with the number in there.

6. brfort
    Original Member

brfort Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been told that it is random by multiple agents. He told me as a PM I should expect to be cleared 50% of the time. This has been correct, out of DCA I am 100%, but 0% out of BOS.

7. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is random for sure. 100:0 seems a little off, though.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

8. brfort
    Original Member

brfort Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree! It's def. frustrating with long elite lines in BOS.