TSA PreCheck lands @ LAX

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Infinite1K, Jul 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    The United Premier Access lobby at LAX as of this Tuesday has a TSA PreCheck lane.

And boy is it nice. When I went through no one was in line and I breezed through in less than a minute. I was even chided for taking my laptop out of the bag.

Can't wait for SFO to get this, particularly since they have recently gone all nude-o-scope at T3 and only use the metal detectors for kids and seniors.

Phudnik, unavaca, desamo and 3 others like this.
  2. Minnesota Bruin
    Original Member

Minnesota Bruin Silver Member

Status Points:
    What's the process (i.e. something special on your boarding pass)? I signed up for GE a few months ago with the UA 1K reimbursement and the enrollment officer said I was good to go for PreCheck.

3. frankmu

frankmu Silver Member

Status Points:
    At united.com, look for your profile and look for the saved traveler information. There should be a link to the "TSA pre-screening program". Enter your passID there.

Minnesota Bruin likes this.
  4. Minnesota Bruin
    Original Member

Minnesota Bruin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep, done that. Just wondering if the BP looks different.

5. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe by design, you will not have any indication that you are qualified until the boarding pass gets scanned and you get the magical three beeps (though I've noticed that you get the three beeps at stations that do not have PreCheck).

And allegedly you will not always get the PreCheck for all your flights.

This is part of "we want to keep things random" theory that the TSA has to ensure that we are safe.

Minnesota Bruin likes this.