TSA Pre-screening opt-in email!

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by DeacFlyer1, Dec 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got this email a few minutes ago--are all elites receiving this or is this targeted within elite ranks?

There was an "opt in" link at the bottom of the message, which took you to the US website where you submitted your request to opt-in. Here's to hoping they get this ramped up quickly, and in airports like CLT and PHL!

DeacFlyer1
    Dividend Miles #: ******

TSA’s trial pre-screening initiative

We want to keep you – one of our most frequent flyers – up to date on the latest information from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).

As you may have heard, TSA is testing a trial expedited screening concept at several U.S. airports. During this trial, TSA has identified certain frequent flyers and members of Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) Global Entry, SENTRI and NEXUS Trusted Traveler programs to voluntarily participate.

We’re working with TSA to finalize our participation in the program. TSA determines who’s eligible and does not guarantee participants will receive expedited screening each time they travel.

Because of your current status as a Dividend Miles Preferred member, you are eligible to voluntarily participate. To be considered, you must opt in for this program.

JetsettingEric and javacodeguy like this.
  2. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got the same message...but it looks like Q1 2012 before we hear anything else.

You're opted in to TSA’s trial pre-screening initiative

Thank you for your request to participate.

We're working with TSA to select participating airports. We'll notify you when the pre-screening program becomes available for US Airways customers and we're planning to communicate additional information in the first quarter of 2012.

3. Gulfstream 550

Gulfstream 550 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I opted in also - looking forward to see what happens, and if it really makes it any easier.....

4. Andrew72681

Andrew72681 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Service in CLT would be really nice. I'm through there 40 or 50 times a year on business and could use the ability to skip the lines. Their preferred traveler lines have a habit of getting backed up.

5. I'm Chairman's and opted in as well. Assume they must be expanding the program to include USAirways hubs: Phoenix, Philadelphia, Charlotte. My guess is that Silver/Gold/Chairman's who live in those cities will get first shot. But that's just a guess.