TSA "Pre Check" Trusted Traveler" to expand to LAS and LAX for American Customers

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by stuartfla, Nov 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. stuartfla
    Original Member

stuartfla Silver Member

Status Points:
    http://www.gsnmagazine.com/node/24959?c=airport_aviation_security
    "TSA announced that it would expand its Pre Check pilot program to three more airports: Los Angeles International (LAX), Las Vegas McCarran International (LAS), and Minneapolis-Saint Paul International (MSP). The trial of the test that uses voluntary passenger pre-screening, is already underway at at Atlanta, Detroit, Dallas/Ft. Worth, and Miami airports.
    According to TSA, LAS will come on board in December for pilot participants traveling on both Delta and American Airlines. The LAX trial will begin in early 2012 for pilot participants traveling on American Airlines and MSP will come on board in early 2012 for pilot participants traveling on Delta Air Lines.
    TSA said public support for the program “ has been overwhelmingly positive,” adding it has received over 600 comments so far with 99% of the comments being in support of the pilot program.
    If this is working as well as it is at MIA, it will be very welcome at LAX!

2. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully early Dec for LAS.

and should this not be generic to all airlines/travel/security threads instead of solely AA?

jbcarioca and rwoman like this.
  3. miamigrad
    Original Member

miamigrad Silver Member

Status Points:
    Except that this pilot program is only for AA and DL passengers, so it's not generic to all airlines.

4. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    ok, well the security forum then since it's still not exclusive to AA

5. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully it'll be in time for some new year MRs.

6. firstglobal

firstglobal Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great news about LAS, security there can be such a nightmare. Priority Access at LAX is already quite good in my experience.

7. FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
    Original Member

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cool. LAX needs the pre-check. The Priority AAcess line can get long.

jbcarioca, stuartfla and garyst16 like this.
  8. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now that is an understatement! The Priority AAcess line is almost as long as the regular security line. I traveled through LAX last week and was shocked at how many people in LA have Priority AAcess!

9. stuartfla
    Original Member

stuartfla Silver Member

Status Points:
    That has been my experience of late as well. Did discover the second line that is the next door down the hall which was just a bit shorter. Also noticed the last two times thru the Priority lines at LAX, TSA was having nearly everyone go through the x-ray scanner no matter how backed up it was - Pre-Check there will be very welcome!

jbcarioca likes this.
  10. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Oddly enough, LAX has almost always been my fastest priority line. I've only ever had 1 or 2 people in front of me. After the OWMD Launch party the people in front of me were Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon Hounsou.

jbcarioca likes this.
  11. Redhead

Redhead Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank goodness! I'm an LAX based flyer and the Priority Access line can be really long. Add in the fact that I always opt out and always seem to wait at least 5 if not 10 minutes for a female to do the sexual molestation pat-down, I'm looking forward to the potential for easier and faster security

12. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have used the "Trusted Traveler" at MIA, although I am signed up for DL also. At MIA nobody knows much about it but the document checkers in the security lines do, and I just wandered through with not even any of the usual liquid, shoe, computer removals. It was just like going back to the early 1990's. Wonderful! At the moment it seems only people signed up for both Global Entry and the airline Elite get consistently passed. Theoretically it will work without GE, but the checker told me that all the ones she sees that pass have GE too. Pure anecdote...I have no clue if that is true. The more this program expands the happier the world will be, IMHO.

13. stuartfla
    Original Member

stuartfla Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am now 100% being diverted :Dto the "no hassle" Pre-Check line at MIA, however I am also both GE and had opted via the AA e-mail. I use my GE ID card as my ID at MIA security station 2 (the PA line) which MIA TSA (now) recognizes right away. Would be better if/when they will allow the Pre-check with International boarding passes

14. FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
    Original Member

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree with this statement 100%. :D

15. Titans26

Titans26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes indeed, especially on a Sunday for Las Vegas departures.