TSA Pre✓ expanded to UA/US?

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by anthstr, Jun 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. anthstr

anthstr Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't seen any announcements from either UA, US or the TSA, but I recently noticed that there are two new columns on the TSA's Pre✓ participation website for UA and US, and some airports have checks in them... http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/participation.shtm
    Has anyone on a UA or US ticket been selected for Pre✓ at these airports?

2. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Website says it works for UA in SEA. It did not for my last UA departure (in May) but it has worked for every AS departure in SEA.
    Wonder why LAS doesn't work for all airlines departing from D gates

3. anthstr

anthstr Silver Member

Status Points:
    I looked around Memorial Day and UA/US weren't listed on the site. Thinking it happened quite recently. Do you have your PassID linked to your MP Account?

4. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't have a separate credential, but I applied to be part of pre-check on both AS and UA

5. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've gotten the three beeps at the LAX and SFO Premier Lobby scanners, but since they didn't have any special line, you still had to go through the rape-o-scan machines (or opt-out).

6. anthstr

anthstr Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you look at the link, LAX and SFO are NOT airports that have Pre✓ for either UA or US passengers. UA includes ATL, DCA, MSP, PDX and SEA. US includes all of those except for DCA; US covers SLC.
    Ahh, I have Global Entry (through Nexus), and so I have added my PassID in my Mileage Plus profile.

7. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    I understand. But the three beep is new at the SFO and LAX scanners.

8. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was invited by US to be a part of pre check right after memorial day. Haven't gotten a chance to personally see it work.

9. Well, here I am at ORD & Precheck did not work. Was handed a brochure & told to sign up online, which I did several months ago. Agent said it may take 24 hours for the system to update, blah blah blah- how about 6 months?

I don't see anyone getting through. They've taken one lane of the premier line for this which now makes that more crowded than ever.

10. anthstr

anthstr Silver Member

Status Points:
    IT WORKED FOR UNITED AT MSP LAST NIGHT!
    As of right now, you can only get to the PreCheck lane through the Delta Elite checkin, so I felt a little out of place going through there with my UA ticket. They used the mobile boarding pass scanner to scan my paper ticket, and I got the triple beep. Worked wonderfully. Now when is DEN getting it again?

11. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    cant wait to test this this weekend. Where at ORD is the lane by GS/Premier?

12. It's right where you enter the premier line. If you get the beep you use the security lane closest to GS...