TSA introduces loudspeaker warnings threatening travelers with arrest for jokes about security

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by sobore, Oct 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-arrest-cracking-joke-airport-security.html

Travelers who attempt to make a joke about strict security procedures at airports have been warned they face arrest.

A loudspeaker announcement made by the Transport Security Administration warns the public: 'Any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest.'

Concerned passenger Matt Miller recorded the loudspeaker message while passing through George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston, Texas.

[​IMG]
    Security: The TSA has been accused of trampling on First Amendment right of free expression by warning passengers they face arrest for joking about security.

Read More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-arrest-cracking-joke-airport-security.html

2. bonnerbl
    Original Member

bonnerbl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Another instance in which I am glad I wear hearing aids -- easily turned off :->

sobore and icurhere2 like this.
  3. MikeMpls
    Original Member

MikeMpls Gold Member

Status Points:
    I used to do that regularly in airports until we quickly flying -- two clicks on each side and they are in the "audiocoil" position, which quite effectively ends all of TSA's squawking messages.

sobore and icurhere2 like this.
  4. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Going through Denver a few years ago, a TSA screener was doing the usual screaming at everyone about liquids, belts and taking everything out of your pockets.

"Folks take everything out of your pockets, cell phones, keys, coins, bullets...."

Yeah, if I said that, I'd be labeled as a big catch.