Trying To Sleuth Upgrade Problems

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Captain Oveur, Jul 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

(I'm going to be somewhat vague here on the specifics, including dates and flights)

I have a domestic itinerary this week which includes a sUA plane and a connecting sCO plane. The sUA plane is a 752, the sCO plane is a 739.

I cleared the upgrade on the second segment (which had far fewer seats available) via CPU at the 96-hour mark. However, the first segment, with F9 and R/RN6, did not clear. I called the 1K line and the person "opened it up," and I was upgraded with CPU.

This made me wonder. I have seen others say "what upgrade problems," and others like me who are having upgrade problems post 3/3. This is where I'm trying to figure things out.

I'm wondering if there's something funky going on when it comes to sUA planes/flight numbers and people like me who never got a OnePass number prior to 3/3.

So, I guess the questions are:
    - Are people who are having CPU issues noticing them on sUA planes/flight numbers? (I am)
    - Are the same people having the trouble on sCO planes/flight numbers? (I have only flown on one, with no problem with CPU).

I know there are TONS of variables on this upgrade thing, but if you could humor me and give answers and/or thoughts, maybe something could be figured out?