Trying to figure out SCs earned for Flight.

Discussion in 'Qantas Airways | Frequent Flyer' started by Pinkmoose, Mar 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Pinkmoose
    Original Member

Pinkmoose Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi Everyone,
    I have a really simple question. I am trying to figure out the number of SCs I will get for flying SYD to DFW to HNL to DFW to SYD next month. It is a very discounted economy. Looking at the miles flown I believe that I should get:
    SYD to DFW - 8574 miles = 50 SCs
    DFW to HNL - 6090 miles = 40 SCs
    (the return)
    Does that make the whole trip 180SCs, or due to the discount economy I can only get 90SCs?

Thanks for all your help,
    Michael.

2. tuapekastar
    Original Member

tuapekastar Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think DFW-HNL is a fair bit shorter than that - Mileage Monkey says 3782 miles. And gives you 160 SCs for the trip. For international flights, Qantas Discount Economy includes classes B, E, G, H, K, L, M, N, O, Q, S, and V, and Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Awards booked in X class - that is pretty much every class except Y.
    There is only full economy and discount economy - no more tiers.

You can check by going to mileage monkey and entering your itinerary in the one world explorer box (format aaa-bbb-ccc), ticking the 'ignore errors' box, making 'earning preference' QF, clicking GO, then scrolling down to the bottom where it summarises SCs (the 'econ' column is actually displaying discount econ SCs as the vast majority of econ fares earn at this rate.

Chimpy and moa999 like this.
  3. infoworks
    Original Member

infoworks Silver Member

Status Points:
  4. Grozzy
    Original Member

Grozzy Silver Member

Status Points:
    My question is similar, so I'll ask in this thread.
    I am going to the US in August, and have just realised I will get close to Silver. I plan to fly DFW-IAD one way. How many status credits would I get in economy or first? It is 1170 miles.

5. infoworks
    Original Member

infoworks Silver Member

Status Points:
    somewhere between 15 and 90 SCs, depending on the fare type.

6. drewbles
    Original Member

drewbles Gold Member

Status Points:
    www.gcmap.com is usually fairly accurate for calculating routes. AA also have a timetable which lists mileage between destinations (including those on QF metal with AA codeshares).

Check the QF site and GC Map people. It's good education (we're not walking calculators, just walking knowledge fountains ;))

7. Pinkmoose
    Original Member

Pinkmoose Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for all your help peoples. I was just having issues with my QF flight on AA metal. Not sure how if I would get reduced points for this.
    Also the Qantas website doesn't recognise the new SYD-DFW routing yet.

8. infoworks
    Original Member

infoworks Silver Member

Status Points: