Trying to check award availability/cost

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by bartman9, Apr 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. bartman9

bartman9 Active Member

Status Points:
    I am a newbie to all this so I appreciate any help you can offer. I have heard that BA Avios are best used on short flights and am considering transferring some Membership Rewards Points to take advantage of this. I am trying to check the availability for award economy seats from ROC to ORD leaving 7/14 and returning 7/21. But I keep getting an error on the BA website. Am I doing something wrong or is there another way to check this?

Thanks!
    Dave

2. Euan
    Original Member

Euan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can see availability outbound and the 13th or 15th and inbound on the 20th or 22nd. 4 seats in each direction.

If you go here https://www.britishairways.com/travel/redeem/execclub/_gf/en_gb?eId=100001 (you'll need to login).

Search for availability and it will say BA don't fly this route. It will come up with the option to search partner airlines (in this instance AA) on the left hand side, click Search and it should work.

Edit - forgot to say that it prices up as 9,000 avios and £3.20 per person return.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  3. bartman9

bartman9 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank you - I am not sure why that didn't work for me. I have been trying for days. But now it works.

BTW, that is a great deal for 9000 avios!... or 6000 membership rewards!

4. Euan
    Original Member

Euan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glad it's worked for you and you've managed to get it booked.

My view is if it doesn't work first time around try again - if it continues to not work it's generally a problem with the system.