Trunkster Zipperless Luggage — Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Nov 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Last month I posted about Bluesmart, the world's first (self proclaimed) "smart" luggage. What made it so "smart?" It came with a digitally controlled lock, location tracking, trip data tracking, a battery charger, built-in scale, etc. They went the route of crowd sourcing to fund the idea, and did remarkably well -- their goal was to raise $50,000, though they raised over a million dollars. Yow! Call me a traditional, if you'd like, but I just don't "get it." Location tracking and trip data tracking? Why would I need that for my carry-on? And while a battery charger and built-in scale sound nice in theory, presumably they also add weight to a carry-on, and for me one of the most important things about a carry-on is that it's lightweight. But clearly a lot of people disagree with me. Well, it looks like the "smart" luggage industry is quickly expanding, as a new bag called Trunkster is in development. Here's a video about it: The post Trunkster Zipperless Luggage — Thoughts? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...