Trump proposes luxury hotel for Old Post Office Pavilion in downtown Washington

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by uggboy, Jul 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Trump proposes luxury hotel for Old Post Office Pavilion in downtown Washington:)

Trump Hotel Collection, the luxury lodging brand that bears the name of the New York real estate magnate, has proposed transforming the historic Old Post Office Pavilion into a nearly 300-room luxury hotel complete with conference meeting space, a spa and museum.

Though listed on the National Register of Historic Places and located on Pennsylvania Avenue between the White House and the Capitol, the Old Post Office has been deemed under-utilized by the government. The General Services Administration began soliciting proposals.to redevelop the property in March, setting a July 20 deadline.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...7/28/gIQAs7AqlI_story.html?wpisrc=al_bizlocal

2. dc_traveler
    Original Member

dc_traveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have stayed at the Trump in Chicago many times; it is very nice. Hopefully the DC one will match up.

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    We will see what comes out of this proposal, sounds very interesting indeed and the Trump Organization wants to grow too!:)

dc_traveler likes this.
  4. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    This would be a great change for this building. I was recently denied admission to the food court that is the main occupant presently because the crack security team that protects fast food joints from terrorists insisted on me removing my wallet and giving it to them for inspection before being allowed past the checkpoint. Since I refused, no pizza slice for me, but the country remains safe.

flyer_o, Scottrick and uggboy like this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Amazing, glad you resisted!;)

6. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    That building is so gray and dark. If they can spruce it up, it would be amazing with that giant atrium, but I have a hard time believing they will succeed.

uggboy likes this.