TrueBlue kills the GoBig, GoPlaces promos

Discussion in 'JetBlue | TrueBlue' started by Wandering Aramean, Jan 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some rather sad news from the TrueBlue folks at JetBlue to start the 2013 earning year: Two programs for earning bonus points are being dropped from their arsenal.

First up, the Go Places promo expired at the end of 2012. This was a deal which earned passengers 50 TrueBlue points for checking in on Facebook or FourSquare at the airport when traveling. I never really got in to that program but I did sign up at one point and I also got the email announcing the cutting of the offer. Not a huge loss for me personally but definitely a cut to the program.

The other cut was rather less publicized (or maybe my email was lost en route) and likely affects many more TrueBlue members: JetBlue has terminated the Go Big earning promo option. This promo earned bonus points based on a tiered base point earnings (i.e. spend more cash, earn bigger bonuses) and for customers spending more than $2000 annually on JetBlue airfare the earning potential from the Go Big offers was quite significant. Alas, it is no more. Apparently the terms were too confusing to customers:
    [​IMG]

Read more...