True Chip and Pin Mastercard or Visa from USAA !

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by TAHKUCT, Feb 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just placed an order for a True Chip and Pin card from USAA!!! Yes, not chip and signature.
    If you already have an USAA MC or Visa, just call and see if you can convert it to a Chip and Pin card. They only have one design and it is black.

2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks a bunch...calling right now....and agent said she's never heard of it and said to call back tomorrow. Not what I expected from USAA :(

TAHKUCT likes this.
  3. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I called to get a chipped version my BofA AS Visa, the first two CSRs I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about. And to top it off, both calls were disconnected. :mad: The third CSR actually did know what I was talking about, and that call didn't get cut off.

I don't know if the first two people hung up on me or not, but the fact that they knew absolutely nothing about what I was asking them is pretty indicative of BofA's customer service. And I say that as someone who (kind of) likes them, but they make it awfully difficult.

TAHKUCT and mht_flyer like this.
  4. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only chip and pin card I've been able to get is my Citi Corp card (which my company changed to from us bank). And it had to be specially requested after they issued a non chip and pin card.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  5. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    I called the number listed on usaa.com listed under contact us when I was logged in and csr new exactly what I was talking about.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using milepoint

LETTERBOY likes this.
  6. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    He said I should receive it within ten business days. The card and pin will be mailed separately. Will keep you updated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using milepoint

LETTERBOY likes this.
  7. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    They said mine should be here in a week to 10 days. It's been one of my suggestions to USAA for the last few years. Glad to see I may now be able to get gas at night in New Zealand and rent bikes in Paris!

LETTERBOY and TAHKUCT like this.
  8. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Even though they do charge an extra 1% foreign transaction fee compared to some other cards, it is nice to have a Chip and Pin option!

LETTERBOY likes this.
  9. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not sure I'd characterize it as "extra," as it's less than some others who charge 3%. It's only more than the NTF ones, right?

TAHKUCT and LETTERBOY like this.
  10. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was comparing to credit cards and charge cards that do not charge any foreign transaction fees like Chase Sapphire Preferred, Case Hyatt and Marriott Visas and Amex Platinum

11. Jophiel

Jophiel Active Member

Status Points:
    I just ordered one too, thanks Tahkuct! The CSR knew exactly what I was talking about and had a script ready to read about the card terms not changing at all. Two things for others to note: you cannot choose or change the PIN and you cannot revert your card back once you've requested the chip & pin. The latter really isn't an issue at all, just an apparently neat quirk.

LETTERBOY and TAHKUCT like this.
  12. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congratulations on your first post!

Glad you were able to order one also. I am just wondering if my card will show up in my mail box sooner then 7-10 business days CSR mentioned.

LETTERBOY likes this.