True (but useless) story: HNL, my cab ride, and "The Amazing Race"

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by kansaskeith, May 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    After I hailed a cab at Honolulu airport back on Dec. 20, I sat in the rear seat and shot the breeze with the cabbie about watching contestants over the years on CBS' "The Amazing Race" deal with taxis around the world.

Out of the blue, he said, "oh. Three teams came through here last week and I had one of them in that seat you're in. I took them to climb those tall towers over there, so I guess you'll be seeing me on TV."

Wasn't sure I believed him.

Some 4 1/2 mos. later, on May 6, I turn on the "Race" Season 20 Finale. It was in Honolulu, and there was my cabbie, chauffering Dave and Rachel over to the towers! Fun :)

gregm, bobsgt, whkento and 5 others like this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Just finished watching the finale and it's funny to see you had the same cabbie! For what it's worth, I absolutely abhor Rachel. :D

3. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, but which Rachel? The blonde, the Army wife who won tonight and who had sat in my cab seat, or the 'Big Brother' hair-extension cry baby Rachel? The couple who won tonight certainly had their fights, but I didn't dislike them. The OTHER Rachel, however - don't get me started!

gregm, bobsgt and rwoman like this.
  4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I think you've pretty much answered your own question. :D

gregm, bobsgt, deant and 1 other person like this.