True Blue

Discussion in 'JetBlue | TrueBlue' started by mailbroad, Jan 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mailbroad

mailbroad Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wish True Blue was a better program. Jet Blue is the airline I fly most of the time. I don't fly a lot.. but will be once I rack up more points...
    Does anyone have the Jet Blue Amex Card? Do you think it is a good card?
    Merci.

2. AnthonyB1609

AnthonyB1609 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree It's hard to rack up points if your flying these short flights for really cheap. And its about a bazillion points to fly one way!!! I fly them a lot cause they fly a lot out of lgb but there points suck.

mailbroad likes this.
  3. bmg42000
    Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The B6 Amex is a good card. You should wait until they offer 10 to 20k for applying. I would aim for 20k but would not settle for less than a 10k minimum. I susually end up with 1 to 2 free flights a year as compared to none on a mileage based program. I have gone to las for 9600 points. Also you get double points on some purchases and an occasional free drink on. B6.

mailbroad likes this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    You wish it was a better program how?

It isn't the best for someone who is always buying the absolute cheapest fares, but for a mixed spend profile it is arguably quite rewarding. Ditto if you're doing a large number of long-haul flights.

5. mailbroad

mailbroad Silver Member

Status Points:
    I guess I don't know how I wish it was a better program. I also wish I could lose the last 15 pounds before my cruise. I wish there were more vegan choices in restaurants. I wish I could have told a few girls off in high school. I wish my curly hair would not react so poorly to humidity. I wish I did not have to work almost every Saturday. I wish I had met my husband in college. I wish I had room for more cats in my house. I wish. I wish. I wish. ;)

Casey Friday and AnthonyB1609 like this.
  6. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Premiere Rewards Gold AmEx will earn you more True Blue Point on Jet Blue flights than the Jet Blue AMEX.

You get 2 bonus TrueBlue points per dollar spent at jetblue.com with the B6 AmEx.
    You get 3 MR points with Gold AmEx per dollar spent on airfare and with a transfer to B6 (250 MR points = 200 B6 points) you can essentially earn 2.4 True Blue Points going this direction.