Trouble with MU (China Eastern) searches

Discussion in 'ExpertFlyer' started by NYBanker, Feb 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    A Delta rep just advised me that effective July 1, 2013, MU will be booking business awards into O class, not D class. Is this the case?

Can I search on EF for MU awards by searching for O now? What will D be?

2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    No love back on a tweet or a post from paying subscription holder??

3. ExpertFlyer Voice

ExpertFlyer Voice Z Representative

Status Points:
    A Flight Availability search shows that O class is the lowest Business class listed for flights starting July 1 and after and D moving to a higher fare Business class. It also looks like the Economy award class is changing from I to X at that time as well as I is a Business cabin class as of 7/1, did DL mention that too? A Fare Information search also reflects these changes.

In the future, if you want to get our attention on an urgent matter, please send us an email. We also don't provide product support via Twitter, especially on the weekends.

4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't mind him. He and his FLounge cronies have entitlement issues :D

(Posted from my milepoint enabled iPhone)

5. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry to interrupt the weekend. Please don't come back with "do a search," I'm a paying subscriber for several years running. C'mon.

EF might consider including a flag on its website to indicate that fare classes are changing. Your award search function allows me to search for "business class" awards, and prescribes a fare class - but, in fact, it turns out the fare class EF suggested I search for my award booking was wrong.

Do I need to perform an independent search each time to make sure what EF searches is in fact the correct category? In which case, perhaps we should re-visit the fee you propose?

Does your search engine accurately reflect I inventory on MU as partner award business award availability after 7/1?

6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Come by some time. You might have fun.

7. ExpertFlyer Voice

Status Points:
    Calm down. We have already planned that tomorrow our team will add the new award classes to the Award class list for MU noting the dates that each set of classes are effective. This is what we've done for all airlines that have previously changed their award or upgrade classes at some future date. The new class codes are already searchable, either via the Flight Availability search or by specifying them as "other" classes in the Award search, so you can search for them right now without issue.

8. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great!

Following to your post, I tried running a search - seems you have to include one of the invalid booking codes to also include a newly valid booking codes.

Glad this can be clarified on your website. I was excited to learn that availability existed for the upcoming festive season...till I was told by DL that I was wrong.

:)

9. ExpertFlyer Voice

Status Points:
    For the award search yes, however the Flight Availability search will show all of the fare classes without having to specify any. MU's award classes are listed there as well.

10. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great!