Trouble Redeeming MegaBonus Award Night

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by rlee508, Oct 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. rlee508

rlee508 Member

Status Points:
    I recently earned a MegaBonus award night and saw it post to my MR account. I was under the impression that when you go to redeem points/certs online, the system defaults to using up the e-cert first, then points. I'm trying to book an award through a combination of the e-cert and points which is the only way it would work. However, I cannot get the site to use my e-cert and it keeps trying to use my points and tells me I don't have enough points. Any suggestions? I know I could always call and have them do it but it's a hassle.

Also for those of you who don't always read the fine print (guilty), I almost didn't get my MegaBonus award because my profile was set to earning miles instead of MR points. I had a number of emails exchanged with MR in which I essentially begged them to honor the two nights I stayed and told them I made a rookie mistake. Luckily, I corrected my profile in time to earn one award night. The other award night (when I was still on miles) will be given to me in January after the promotion ends. I thought that was nice of them, but don't take the chance!

2. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you are trying to combine the two you have to make one reservation with your e-cert and another one with points and then, when you have a chance, call to combine the two. But since you have to call anyhow you might just as well call to begin with.

Singapore Flyer and B1BomberVB like this.
  3. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a similar problem some time back, and finally realized it was my fault -- I was trying to book into a property and couldn't figure out why the e-cert wouldn't come up. Of course, it was for up to a Cat 5 and the property I was booking into was a Cat 6 . . .:oops:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  4. WanderLuster
    Original Member

WanderLuster Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've also had it pull points instead of the free night cert. A call to MR Plat line cleared it up in about 5 minutes.

snap and bigx0 like this.
  5. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    A coworker of mine just redeemed 2 free Cat 5 nights, but was only able to do so over the phone.

6. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    i think this is it. I just booked a cat 5 e-cert that I earned from the last bonus. No issues at all. It does show up as. 25k award but that is what the cert is worth. I actually prefer to make separately bookings unless I am 100% sure nothing will happen. Easier to cancel a booking later. The biggest hassle may be to let them know to reactivate my card.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint