Triple D (Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by Spangenberg, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Spangenberg
    Original Member

Spangenberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anybody else a fan of the show (TLC, Guy Fieri). Anybody look for these dives when they travel? I've found some pretty good food, in some rather obscure places.
    I always check http://www.flavortownusa.com/ upon arriving. They have a map of them all!

2. I wish I could be more consistent about looking them up before I travel, but yes and I've had some really enjoyable meals from the Triple D list. I've even had a couple clients who've made the suggestions to head to Triple D venues for lunch and haven't yet been disappointed. Likewise with some of the venues profiled on Man vs Food. It's also a nice place to start when looking for a dinner venue -- either something new in one of the usual cities, or something new in a city I'm visiting for the first time.

3. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Love the show when I get a chance to watch it - have actually tried to get to some of the locations when travelling in the USA. Unfortunately have yet to make it to one. Best of intentions though.

4. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    So much fat, so much salt...but every now and then, a guilty pleasure should be allowed.

ACMM likes this.
  5. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have made it to several locations from MvF. My son and I especially enjoyed the Crab Post in Seattle,

6. techgirl
    Original Member

techgirl Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I don't often, only because I've come to value my unclogged arteries more than I used to.

But one of them (Fred's in Fort Worth, TX) is my regular watering hole and you can often find me there after work or kicking off a weekend night out. [​IMG]

ACMM likes this.
  7. I enjoy the show and I enjoy when I have the opportunity to hit one of the locations while traveling. Sadly, I usually forget to check since most of my dinners and lunches (during business travel) are usually booked up with clients. During personal travel, I still forget because I'm usually getting recs from friends, colleagues, clients or other locals to the area.

8. the_happiness_store
    Original Member

the_happiness_store Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm surprised that "Taste of Peru" in Chicago made this list. It is a good restaurant but serves none of alpaca, guinea pig, or cayman.

9. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    MvF and Triple D are both great shows. Triple X in West Lafayette, IN was the best place for greasy goodness (especially late night) while I was at Purdue. Anyone know of a place like that in LA?

10. Oh the B&G!!!! It's still the best greasy goodness in the area and we try to stop in at least a couple times a year when we're near the area.

11. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
  12. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    B&G??? I'm not familiar with this restaurant. Can you please let me know the full name and where it is located?