Trip Report: Johannesburg, South Africa

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by Prior2Boarding, May 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Prior2Boarding

Prior2Boarding New Member

Status Points:
    Back in January, I booked a 10 day trip to South Africa in order to recover from my law school final exams. I just completed the first half of my trip, which was to Johannesburg, South Africa. Johannesburg, also known as Joburg, is a very large city, it takes a lot of time to get to places because of how spread out the city is. Despite the recent outbursts in violence and rioting caused by xenophobia, Joburg is quite safe and folks are genuinely friendly. The violence, which usually breaks out in the downtown area, is not aimed at tourists, but foreign immigrants. Most tourists stay in the Rosebank and Sandton area of Joburg and there is a visible police presence at all times. To/From the Airport From: Airport Shuttle SA I didn’t want to risk not having WiFi to call for an Uber, so I decided to book a shuttle to my hotel in Rosebank. The price was R470, or about $40USD. A bit pricey but if you have others in the same vehicle you can split the cost. The driver was outside of customs waiting for me and was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. To: Uber Uber is available [...]
    The post Trip Report: Johannesburg, South Africa appeared first on The Winglet.

The post Trip Report: Johannesburg, South Africa appeared first on Prior2Boarding.

Continue reading...