Trip Report: Cape Town, South Africa

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by Prior2Boarding, Jun 12, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Prior2Boarding

Prior2Boarding New Member

As previously mentioned in my Johannesburg trip report, back in January I booked a 10 day trip to South Africa in order to recover from my law school final exams. The first half of my trip was to Johannesburg and the other half was to Cape Town! Cape Town is a beautiful city and one of the most western cities in the African continent. Everyone was very friendly and the city is very safe to navigate, just use common sense. To/From the Airport Uber: Uber is available almost everywhere in Cape Town. Getting to the airport during morning rush hour was R120 (~$10USD). It’s about a 45 minute drive to the center of Cape Town from the airport, it took about 35 minutes to get to our Double Tree hotel from the airport. *Note: Uber picks you up from the pick-up garage that other individuals use to pick-up friends and family member. Do not go to the Taxi line as Uber is not allowed there. Follow the signs at the airport for the pick-up zone. Getting Around Like I said above, Uber is available everywhere. Uber is also cheaper, and in my opinion, safer than taxis. I used Uber everywhere, [...]
    The post Trip Report: Cape Town, South Africa appeared first on The Winglet.

The post Trip Report: Cape Town, South Africa appeared first on Prior2Boarding.

Continue reading...