Trip planning

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by bez7, Feb 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I need some advice so I'm coming to the experts. I'm still not sure exactly where I'll end up but have multiple options and would love to hear what you have to say about it.

I have UA (280k) / DL (350k) / AA miles (180k), (no status on any) but am not necessarily sure the best uses for each.

Based in SLC, desired locations include
    Paris
    Iceland
    Prague
    Morocco
    Turkey

I'd probably try to lump two together. I'd love to use UA miles on Turkey and Morocco but that might stretch it since they're different regions on UA's chart. Paris would probably be a pretty easy fit to most, and Iceland might just be paid ticket rather than an award.

Early looking I see DL to Iceland but they're expensive, probably not worth redeeming miles for. DL also has the SLC - CDG flight but Paris is pretty easy on UA and AA miles too, probably better uses for DL miles (like a New Zealand trip in a year or two). I'm pretty slow on mileage use, unless I can somehow redeem miles for baby sitting :)

What are your thoughts? I'd love to know!

2. thesterlingtraveler

thesterlingtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would help to know where you're based to give people an idea of routings.

edekba likes this.
  3. AUSsie

AUSsie Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also can you give us an idea of how many miles in each program we're talking about? The options will change if you have 500K in each vs. 25k in each.

Jimgotkp likes this.
  4. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've added more content to my first post