Trial Prefered Nomination request!

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by dmmayo, Feb 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Hello, I am a DM member with about 16k miles right now. I started traveling last Sep. and just barely missed Silver. I have quite a few flights to take this year and will make atleast silver on miles alone. I am considering buying the Trial Preferred since (if I buy it the day before my flight) I will get 20 segments or 15k miles in 90 days (Gold).

I understand people are allowed to nominate someone to Trial Preferred for free and are usually looking for a good candidate to use it fully. I feel I am a perfect candidate as I will be able to make at least Gold if not Platinum in that time frame. This would give me status for all my flights in between as well, to make travel a little more bearable (ie. no more Zone 4 boarding and having to check my bags...).

Thank you and feel free to email me if you can help me out at dmmayo at gmail dot com.

2. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    if you barely missed silver, send them an email asking for it. they've GIVEN silver out to people with far less flying than you, i'd say. it would be better than coming on here asking for a handout.

3. Thanks for the advice. I spent an hour on the phone with the DM Desk last night and they were willing to give me NOTHING. I actually frustrated me extremely and I am slightly considering flying Delta (I told them this too). So in short, I tried that, now im asking for a handout, if that doesnt work then ill have to buy it myself. Thanks for the help though.

4. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    try a message online, as well. don't tick them off or they can make notes on your account for all reps to see.

5. I will try that. Where do you suggest sending it from? The website or email?

6. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    i think the email for silver is silver at usairways dot com. since you're asking about that status, maybe they could help

7. Thanks, I sent the message and will report back. It is doubtful they will do it so if anyone has a nomination, if they could let me know, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

8. I sent the message and this is the response I got back:

"Thank you for contacting US Airways.

We're sorry, but we're not offering additional exceptions to the mileage
    and segment requirements for Silver Preferred status. The 'Buy Up to
    Preferred' program is intended to grant this opportunity to such members
    while protecting the benefits of our existing Preferred membership.

We appreciate this opportunity to clarify our policy and look forward to
    serving you on future US Airways flights.".

So if anyone has a nomination, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!