'Trending Topics' - add forum name

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by Raffles, Feb 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Raffles
    Original Member

Raffles Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can see how the Trending Topics part of the home page could become useful, alerting me to something interesting in a forum I don't usually visit.

However .... as it stands, it is pretty useless because the thread title often doesn't give you much of a clue about the thread, as the forum is not mentioned.

eg (cut and paste from the current list)

Why do other people care who...
    Punki posted Yesterday at 6:16 PM
    It is not clear from any of these what the heck the thread is about, because the forum they are posted in is not mentioned.

Wandering Aramean and Gargoyle like this.
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Also, as mentioned elsewhere, hovering over the entry in Trending Topics doesn't give a popup showing you the first paragraph of a post, the way hover over does elsewhere in MP. That would help people decide whether to click.

3. AmericanGirl
    Original Member

AmericanGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree with this if it is possible. Now if I see a post in Trends that I recognize I click on it, but otherwise just go back to "What's New."

4. Kagehitokiri
    Original Member

Kagehitokiri Silver Member

Status Points:
    agreed.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd like this for all threads, not just the trending ones. Having the information in the URL or elsewhere would be quite appreciated.